Friday, September 18, 2009

New Moon in Virgo


Yep, another new moon...another opportunity to start fresh & explore new beginnings.

This is a wonderful post, and I wanted to further comment about the many planets conjunct at (or about) 26 degrees Virgo. If you consult the Sabian Symbols, the Sabian Symbol for this degree is:

A Boy with A Censer Serves Near the Priest at the Altar

Okay...that's quite an image. Interestingly, we have sun, moon, Mercury & Saturn all conjunct...and I can visualize Saturn as the priest- traditional, reverent of the ritual; sun could be the burning incense within the censer (moon?) and the boy would be Mercury - the playful trickster.

The really funny thing is that I had decided to write about today's Sabian Symbol before looking it up - and when I saw what it was I had to LOL!! You see, years ago I had a very interesting experience with a boy - actually two boys (Mercury rules Gemini, the Twins) serving a priest at the altar...and the two of them got into a fight over who would swing the censer! As the two of them tugged on the censer, trying to gain control, the censer flew out of both of their hands and clanked down the altar stairs. One of the boys finally got control over the censer, and then swung it so hard the boy choked from the intense incense emitted. Why do I remember this so vividly from years ago? Because I also was up near the altar, as a lector, and also the mother of the two altar boys with sibling rivalry. I bet there are still fingernail marks in the podium where I grasped it so hard in order not to cry out or leave my place and correct my less then reverent sons.

Heh - did I mention Uranus, the planet of unexpected changes is in opposition to the new moon conjunction? :D

Well, I'm going to call those altar boys of mine today...who now have children of their own. And Nana can easily laugh at the grandkids exploits - karma is good! Heh!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I get your news feeds on Facebook..exactly what does this mean? for people who are Aries? how does this effect us? thanks!!

Celtic Selky said...

Hey Robin...I would need to do a natal chart on you to know exactly how this new moon would impact you...