Thursday, December 17, 2009

Scents for the Season...



This time of year has so many memories...and memories are closely associated with scents. Since both memory and olfactory functions are both located in the limbric ring (or our 'reptile brain'), it is no wonder that they go hand in hand. Some of my favorite holiday scents include cinnamon, clove & orange; vanilla; peppermint; and of course - Spruce Fir or Pine.

What I like to do is blend Spruce Fir with Frankincense essential oils (2/3 to 1/3) for a blend I call 'Silent Night'. It reminds me of a quiet church on Christmas eve. It is wonderful to diffuse at night; I find it very calming and steadying, a balm to the harried pace of the holiday season.

Here are some other great ideas for holiday scenting:

An Aromatherapy Christmas - Holiday Recipes

Enjoy!

No comments: